The Last Dance
It was seventh grade, the parents were getting divorced, forced to move, many of you know how the story goes. I was living in Florida at the time and my lady friend was this chick named JoAnn. We use to go to the mall and visit the record stores and hit up the food court, it was magical. She was blond and I remember she really liked Kriss Kross and Color Me Bad, probably a blond thing. I remember we had our little middle school dance, and this guy got the last dance!
Remember the lame DJ’s would turn the lights down and tell you to grab that special someone, because this will be the last song…lol For the record, I cannot dance for shit! I am only one of two extremes either a swayer or a grinder;) We danced in that cafeteria to “End of The Road” by Boys 2 Men. I was 12 years old and that my friend was the last dance we had. Chances are JoAnn probably became a toothless stripper addicted to Rascal Flats, but in that moment it was nice.
I am going somewhere with this. The question is what is the best last dance song from the last 25 years? We all have our favorites, but tonight I will bring back those HS/MS memories. So fellas grab your ladies, pull her close, because this is the last dance and we don’t have room for haters. Imagine that in my best deep DJ voice.
Best Slow Dance Songs from High School Dances or Middle School
If you happen to be younger than 20…none of these damn songs will mean shit to you…we are the few and the proud.
- End Of The Road – Boys 2 Men
- I’ll Be – Edwin McCain
- All My Life – K-Ci and JoJo
- I Swear – All 4 One
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Everything I Do – Bryan Adams
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Lady In Red – some dude, look it up lazy;)
- You’re Still The One – Shania Twain
- Back At One – Brain McKnight
- Every time We Touch – Cascada
- Crazy – K-Ci and JoJo
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
- I Don’t Wont To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- This I Promise You – NSync
- If You Leave Don’t Look Back – OMD
- I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan
- Your Pick
- The Dance – Garth Brooks
- I Could Not Ask For More – Edwin McCain
So there is a list of some good and some lame songs. What is your favorite cheesy prom type song? Leave a comment and share the awkwardness. Here are some videos just in case someone is in the baby making mood!