Going Vintage in 2012
So 2012 will be the year of vintage items for me. As I have just turned 31 I feel as thou my young man days are behind me, and it’s now time to establish a strong foundation for the man I want to be. I do enjoy technology and all the gadgets, all those are well and good, but I want to establish a style. I think every man, should try to stand out in their own way. I don’t want to be the Nascar/Miller Lite drinking kind of Southern guy, I want to be diverse in my interests. So for 2012 her is my list of man shit that I will be using. Some of these items will hopefully be a source of distinction and style. Give some of these a try if they interest you!
- Confidence…you can’t buy it but you can damn sure wear it.
- The Straight Razor…that is right no more candy ass Mach 3’s for me. Just like your Grand Pa used, I bought one of these recently, best shave period.
- A Tailored Suit…waiting to drop a few more pounds and I will have a classic power suit in the closet.
- Boxing…the great forgotten sport of our time. I want to learn to give and take a punch in 2012.
- Stainless Steel Whiskey Flask…Just got me a new flask with an Old English letter “B” so let the good times roll.
- Shoe Shine Kit…this is next on my list.
- Buy a vintage fire-arm…I think a nice 1857 Winchester Rifle is a good look for a man.
- Vintage Sports apparel…this year I will finally get my Bo Jackson Oakland jersey
- Vintage Muscle Cars…if you have the means, nothing will declare your manhood like an old classic car.
- Stick to the classics. There is a reason Jack Daniels and Crown have been around for 100 years, because they are great. Old music is another good example of inspiration. Example late 60’s Led Zepplin record versus Nickelback mp3…not even close.
- Learn to do something with your hands besides sending a text. I will be continuing my guitar playing journey. In the future I hope to learn car body work and possibly wood working. One day my friends I will drink a beer at the beach in a handmade Adirondack chair.